Monday, March 31, 2008

Ice fishing

Halo...

Ada sharing dari Richard, peserta Youth Exchange Program yang disponsori Rotary Club Senayan, dan sekarang masih berada di Amrik dan menikmati salju di sana.

Ini ceritanya... Foto menyusul ya. Tampaknya ada masalah teknis :)
------------

On Monday, March 17 2008 I went ice-fishing for the first time. It was a nice experience. The weather wasn't too cold, the wind-chill temperature was probably about -8 Celcius. We went there for about 5-6 hours, sitting and waiting for the fish to come. I caught - in total - 9 fish, but I released 4 of them since they were too small. The other guy caught 15, and the other one caught 9. So, we had 29 fish in total. Most of the fish are bluegill (see picture). It has crisp flavor - I like it. Some of it were crappie and one perch. The fish that I hold in the picture is about the size of the fish that we caught. I wish I could go again.

So, here is how:

First, we drove our car "into" the lake - for the lake was frozen. Then we drilled some holes through the 1.5m-thick ice. We used a very simple fishing pole with a 2-pound test fishing line and start fishing.

1 comment:

vicky said...

hi..mu Yanya ni,,gimana si kalo mu ikut youth exchange program??thanx..